Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Night Synopsis

Well, here I am, feeling like a senior in college again, physically surrounded by resources and notes and index cards and attempting to write the most all-encompassing paper since my ill-fated attempt at a senior thesis in March of 1998.

That year, I was supposed to go on spring break to my friend Sasha's house in Hawaii. Instead, I remained on campus, nearly alone save a few sports teams, because I was not even close to finishing the thesis that I had had two semesters to complete. I distinctly remember my friend Jill, just before getting into the car that I was supposed to be in, coming to my room and handing me a teddy bear - "to keep you company while you're here." I stood at my window, looking down three floors at the Vermont snow swirling around and feeling it fly into my face, in stark contrast to the hot tears of anger at myself that were sliding down my face, as the two cars with my friends inside pulled out of their parking spots and off to the airport. I cursed myself for having procrastinated to that extent.

I think I have learned some lessons since then, since this is not officially due until Thursday and since I feel that it is somewhat under control. Come Wednesday night, I'm sure I'll be up late, perhaps even all night, but at least it will be signed, sealed and delivered on time and in time for me to go up to, ironically, Vermont, for my college roommate's wedding.

We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home