Tuesday, May 23, 2006

More Random Thoughts

which ran through my mind while I walked two blocks to get my breakfast this morning...

1. One weather related comment: it's May. And not just the beginning of May, but late May, late enough in May where I start checking my ATM receipts to make sure that I have enough money in my account to cover June's rent and still have some to spare. Therefore, I should not be COLD when I leave my apartment in a wool sweater, jeans, and sheepskin-lined Ugg slippers. I'm not pining for the humidity-laden days of the summer; I just feel that it's inappropriate to actually be considering wearing a scarf in late May.
2. I am an absolute sucker for any woman who is older than I am and who calls me "honey" or "sweetheart." That's an automatic dollar tip in the tip jar for anyone working in the service industry and an automatic "feel good about yourself" time for me for at least an hour. I don't know why I feel comforted, like someone's looking out for me - but it's true.
3. However, when a random strange man on the sidewalk tries to touch my shoulder while saying "hey honey, can you do me a favor," I have a huge problem with that. I don't care if he's lost or broke or just fell off of the third floor of a building - don't touch me.
4. I guess I'm an optimist, but number three is not enough to counteract the good vibes of number two, even if I am cold wearing a wool sweater, late in the month of May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home