Friday, July 07, 2006

Solitary

I may have quoted this deceased man before, but my 11th grade English teacher (his class was advanced American Lit) once said something that has stuck with me in the years since then. It was to the effect that one always glorifies in the mind what has taken place in the past, no matter how hard it was at the time.

So what am currently questioning is this: how will I look back at this period in my life? At the time during which I have been more solitary than ever before in my life - and I am intentionally using the term "solitary" because I don't want to say "alone" or "lonely" or "independent" - because each of these particular terms carries with it its own connotations; the first two negative, the latter positive.

It's just a question. I have no answer to it now. I just wonder. I so wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home