Saturday, February 25, 2006

Heart vs. Head = Sox vs. Evil Empire?

My heart is in one place and my head is in an entirely differely place.

The respective positons they - the heart and the head - are taking are antithetical to one another. They hate each other right now. And the rivalry isn't any fun. It's a Sox-Yankees game - and I have adored my Red Sox since I cried in 1986, a little girl lying on the blue rug of her family room watching the Mets series, head in her elbows, each hand keeping one temple covered - and hey, we all know what happened in October 2004 (and what will happen this year, although I'm a little scared of a Blue Jays wild-card coup this season because of their improved pitching as well as other upgrades, but that's another entry for another time). The heart won out.

But I'm an ENFJ, so I, evidently, go with my heart anyway. And I break my own heart sometimes. I trust too much. I love too much. And I love and trust too hard. I would like to write about how I feel about the connection between the heart and the mind but I am so tired so I will do this tomorrow, or maybe the next day, and I will try to keep away from baseball posting for at until - well, at least until Manny has to report to camp.

And for the moment, I'll have to accept my own little rivalry taking place within my very own body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home