Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Week "End" Cleanup

Well, in the life of a graduate student, it’s possible that my weekend begins at 9 pm on Thursday night after four hours of headache-inducing classes. Of course, this also means that my Saturday and Sunday afternoons are generally spent reading, writing and working, so it all evens out – sort of.

Regardless, tonight marks the end of a long string of projects meriting red penned circles on this week’s calendar, and what that means is that my apartment is a complete disaster filled with vestiges of my late-night endeavors: the stuff for the project due Monday is an a haphazard mess on one side of the room, the stuff for the project due Tuesday is on the other side of the room, and, for lack of a third half of a room, the kitchen is the site of all the stuff for the project that was due tonight – Thursday. And the papers that went into researching each of the projects and the subsequent drafts spat out by my printer are randomly strewn about, everywhere, oh, they're everywhere.

So tonight I’ve got to do a hell of a lot of sorting and organizing for a gal who is exhausted and just wants to go… home. Ah, yes, I’m going home this weekend. I need my old bedroom, I need my old jogging route, I need to remember how it feels to be behind the wheel of a car and let the music blare as loud as I want to and sing along without worrying about what the neighbor next door will think. And yes, I can say it – I so need to see my mother.

Therefore, I’m immediately Movie-On-Demanding Wedding Crashers, the most brainless flick on Channel 1000’s index, opening up a bottle of wine, and preparing to dig through the intellectual and creative remnants of what was, I believe, a very productive week.

XOXO to the weekend. Can’t wait to guiltlessly pick up copies of US Weekly, In Touch, and Life & Style and get on that ole Amtrak train tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home