Sunday, February 12, 2006

Top Ten Songs that Make Me Cry (and Think)

La Cienega Just Smiled – Ryan Adams
The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
When It Don’t Come Easy – Patty Griffin
P.S. You Rock My World – Eels
Songbird - Fleetwood Mac
Diamonds and Rust – Joan Baez
Cocoon - Jack Johnson
February – Dar Williams
Cooling (Live) – Tori Amos
All I Want – Susie Suh
Goodbye My Lover – James Blunt
My Skin - Natalie Merchant

Ooh, that's more than ten, and they're definitely in no particular order, and I could put in so many more… but I’m being a total girl and listening to the other ones too. Case in point - my all time favorite… the 5th track on the Natalie Merchant CD Ophelia – My Skin – but I have another whole thought process on that CD because I love it, in its, and for its, wholeness as a CD. But that's because I love Hamlet.

Thank God there are people in this world who can express through music what I cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home